Migrating from InfoWorks WS to WS Pro¶
Models and entire model databases can be moved from existing platforms to the new InfoWorks WS Pro. A migration file will need to be exported from InfoWorks WS and then imported to InfoWorks WS Pro, the process is very simple and straight forward. The migration of a specific project from InfoWorks Pro to InfoWorks WS Pro is only available with the latest release of InfoWorks WS v17.
When migrating from WS to WS PRO you need WS version 17.0.7 or higher.
Transfer the data¶
- To transfer data from IWWS to IWWS Pro you will need to start the WS Administrator and then open InfoWorks explorer via the “View” menu.
- Then right click on the master database in the top of the open window and select “Export to WS Pro”.
- This will allow a
*.ws2wsp fileto be saved which will be copied into WS Pro later on.
- Then open the WS Pro Admin 2.0 and
createa new Master Database (Workgroup Data Server) using the procedure described before.
- Open the InfoWorks Explorer.
- Right click on the Master Database and select ‘Import from migration file’.
- Select the migration file in order to allow the copying if the contents to IWWS Pro.
As of September 2017, Microsoft SQL server and Oracle SQL are supported formats for WS PRO. You will need WS PRO 2.0.4 or higher. It is important to note that you will need SQL scripts, provided by Innovyze to correctly set up the database with WS PRO.